Search engine optimization (SEO) is commonly referred to as the process of augmenting a web page so that it is easy to find, crawl and to categorize. It is about providing a direction for your customers to find your website from amongst a thousand other companies. For one to be able to hack this, one must ensure that their website ranks higher in the SERP (search engine result page).
Basic business studies teach us a fundamental truth, advertising is of utmost need. SEO gives an opportunity for free advertising. Search Engine Optimization also brings about more valuable results and allows businesses to achieve their organic goals.
A common statistic is that consumers generally scan and review the first two pages of the SERP. Compared to other forms of online marketing, SEO provides a decent return on investment, especially if the optimization of the website is executed perfectly.
Key Elements of SEO
- Keywords – In the beginning, keywords were the only technique used in SEO. Although they are ancient tactics, they are still a very crucial part of SEO. The difference is that today, keywords must be well-researched, precise, and justly used in your content in order to be effective.
- Content -This is a vital part of SEO because it’s the medium used to reach and engage audiences. Today’s content is required to be educational, but also interesting, relevant, engaging, and shareable.
- Off-Page SEO -This involves external optimization practices occurring away from your site rather than on it. The main technique used for this is backlink building. This involves linking your web site to other quality websites. This portrays that your site is valuable and high-quality thus fostering authority.
- Local SEO – Nowadays, 57% of all searches are done on tablets and smartphones, and half of those searches aim locally. The best practices for localizing SEO would include creating pages that show your location, using relevant keywords and creating pages for your business on, Google+ and Google Maps.
SEO and Digital Marketing
Both of these execute the same functions and possess the same skills, but SEO is actually under the umbrella that is digital marketing. Incorporating the two into a business generates great results. Below are ways that SEO and digital marketing can be gelled together.
- Social Media Marketing: A social media program must be in line with the SEO strategy in order to achieve full SEO benefits. A social share brings organic backlinks to your site and shows the fruits of the content strategy.
- Content Strategy: a large portion of SEO success rides on the content of the webpage. With that, a lot is invested in the content creation aspect.
- Paid Search: SEM enables one to grab exclusive keywords and gain organic traffic. SEM works with SEO to enhance web pages as well as keyword contingencies.
All in all, it is evident that SEO, in the digital marketing world, intersects with so many fields. It is a constantly shifting, modifying entity. SEO presents fresh possibilities every day.